Srcsmgrl

Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Job Hunt

Job hunting is frustrating. I have the interview with KCLS today to get into the hiring pool. A friend of mine told me that the interview is somewhat hard and that they don’t ask what you would expect. That sounds more like a mainstream job interview to me. So I am off to two hours of interviews soon.

I already got into the SPL pool a while back, and have applied for quite a few interesting openings. I need to work on my nervousness and find out more about collection development–or at least more of what they want me to know. I have taken classes and interviewed librarians that have been in the field for a while, so I have a good idea of what it is, I just need to know better how to answer their questions, which may mean I need to ask some questions myself.

I have also applied for several Sno-Isle positions and would really love to get the Teen librarian at Marysville. I know everyone there by sight, if not by name, so it would be a good place for me to be part of a team.

More to come…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home