Srcsmgrl

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Application Blues

Ok, so I would actually love to get that job. I have got to stop trying to make myself believe that I don't want something just because I am not likely to get it. I should just start believing that I will get it.

The interview went really well. I could see some stronger candidate swooping in to snatch it out from under me. I also got to see who went before me in the interviews and I know them both. One person has about the same amount of librarian experience as I do, but is lacking the circulation savvy and database experience that I have with the system. The other one is someone I have worked with before and I am sad to say that I don't think she will get the job. She is just too picky about the position she takes and will not take an entry level position as her first librarian job. You have to be willing to make sacrifices in order to get where you want to be these days. Although, who knows, maybe that perfect job will come along for her. I don't want to sound catty, but I know her fairly well, and like her too, but that is my opinion of her chances.

There were more interviews after mine, so I can't assume that mine went best. I will just wait patiently, biting my nails, to get that phone call.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home