Srcsmgrl

Monday, November 05, 2007

Pain in my Turbo Boosters

I am officially an old lady. I am sitting here with my heating pad and my hot spiced cider watching the 1986 version of The Transformers, complete with the soundtrack by Metallica. The previews were for GI Joe and Jem (you know, that show about the superhero/superstar and the badguys were a "death metal" band called the Misfits). It is really funny sitting here watching the old school animation, listening to Metallica ballads. It was quite the blast from the past.

The reason for the heating pad is that my fingers have been going numb while I sleep. It wakes me up throughout the night, so I haven't been sleeping well. I went to the doctor last Monday and she prescribed muscle relaxers and massage. I tried the muscle relaxers at night and finally had to cut back to a quarter of the pill so that I wouldn't feel like a zombie the first half of the day. Today I went for a massage, and I swear the I am going to have bruises. I like deep tissue, but man, did that little Asian lady beat me up. Even though it hurt, I could tell it was working so I didn't complain. She said I was really tight between my shoulder blades and in my arms and said I should use a heating pad so my upper back didn't tense up again.

On that happy note, here is the original Transformers trailer:




Notice that the little boy has a hoverboard, just like in Uglies, although his is combustion powered rather than magnetic.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Haw haw! Worse than Metallica: Stan Bush!

    Uh, waaaitaminute... you mean didn't invite me over to provide color commentary? Suck!

    By Blogger El JoPe Magnifico, at 10:16 PM  

  • Ah! I loved Jem. Loved her! I used to watch Jem and the Rockers all the time.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:29 PM  

  • P.S. Hope your fingers start feeling normal again soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home