Srcsmgrl

Monday, October 29, 2007

King City

Can I just say that I am feeling very powerful right now? As you might have seen, I am planning a comics event. I have managed to get two local comics artist, along with a rep from the local comic book store to come and represent. While lining up these comics artists, I realized that we didn't have one of the comics, and it seemed like it would be a good addition to our collection. I have put in purchase requests before (Blood and Chocolate DVD...) and no go. This one was added to my hold list in 3 DAYS! Awesome!

Guess I just needed to ask for something that was rated more than 5/10 stars... (but I thought it was a good movie...~blush~)

And yay! The Wired magazine article about the evolution of manga in the US posted online! Read it! It is entertaining! Remember to read it left to right...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • awesome indeed. sounds like an excellent event.

    i subscribe to wired the old fashioned way - in print - and look forward to reading the cover story on manga the moment life gets a bit less hectic.

    By Blogger david silver, at 9:58 AM  

  • That's awesome! Congrats on the comics line-up!

    By Blogger Librarian Girl, at 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home