Srcsmgrl

Monday, December 15, 2008

Brrrrrr!

Snow! and wow it's cold! It snowed Saturday night, while I was at the Winter Warmth concert put on by the Mountain. The main attraction was the Pretenders. I grew up hearing the sultry voice of Chrissie Hynde with my dad, so this concert with him and my two sisters was pretty amazing. They really rocked the stage. They did "Back on the Chain Gang" and quite a few others I could sing along to. They also played enough from their newest album that I want to buy it.

The openers were ok and Augustana was actually pretty good. I had never heard of them before but they did a great rendition of "In the Pines" which has been done by countless others (Kurt Cobain included). I like their song "Sweet and Low" but I didn't realize it was by them...

So back to the cold cold cold. 26 degrees right now, and sure to get colder. This morning we broke a record for the day at 19 degrees. Probably won't hit the record low of tomorrow of 10--I hope not! Transplants are crying! And why doesn't my keyboard have a degrees symbol???

Before the cold started, I helped with this colossal event. It was a really amazing push to get all of Ballard High School's students a Seattle Public Library card. A few students held out, stating they didn't want to join just because we told them to. Heh ;) Privacy? Libraries? What?

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • I hope your weather gets better! That program to get library cards to all the high school kids is so awesome.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home