Srcsmgrl

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Programs and Quality Time

Today is the Winter Celebration at one of my branches. We are playing games and making crafts. I am bringing Apples to Apples, Banana Split (imagine racing at scrabble), and Connect 4 and we will also have the Wii and PS2. Should be fun.

We are also having our employee appreciation lunch today at a local Thai place. It was sooooo hard to pick the restaurant. One person at least will not be happy with Thai food, but most of us refused to eat at Julia's--the service there is terrible and the food only mediocre. I probably would have had to call in sick (jk).

The lunch is right before the program, so I will be racing around like a chicken with its head cut off in preparation. Although I did utilize my volunteers to good end yesterday cutting out felt for crafts. That was fun too because it allowed me to spend an hour with them, chatting about their futures and what holidays they celebrate this time of year. I have a pretty diverse bunch and I like it that way. All three of the boys are really smart too, and interesting to talk to. I have to do more one on one with The Boy like when we cooked together--gad, was it over a month ago? I will lay my trap for the holiday break. Hee hee, he won't know what hit him.

I'm off to libraryland. I will take pictures!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home