Srcsmgrl

Friday, July 31, 2009

Looking Up Old Friends

When I get bored or curious, I do a little online investigation of old friends. Some of these turn up some interesting stories, others don't go anywhere at all. My friend from high school, whom I feel I have talked about before (but maybe not, I can't find her anywhere) has almost no online presence. Just an address and phone number in the online white pages--the same one she had when I last saw her 8 years or so ago.

I just did a search on another friend, actually an old flame, just to see what he was up to. He was a really good guy, although I don't think we were right for each other. I didn't get to find that out for sure, due to some weird circumstances--I will tell this story at a later date, look for the Persian. I looked him up today and was happy to find that he has opened a rug shop in Bellingham. It sounds like a really nice place, sort of a social hang out as well as a business place. Of course, the problem with the internet is things could have happened since the place was mentioned, but there is a blog entry with pictures of him (how else could I have known for sure it was him???) in May 2009. It makes me happy to know he is doing well. I think he might be married as well. Don't ask me how I do my voodoo. I just do.

*****

Remember that I planted a pumpkin in my garden? I have been really confused, because my pumpkins just keep getting bigger and greener. I ate a few of them like zucchini when they were small, because there were so many. Well, it turns out that because of cross-pollination, they are zucchini. No wondrous orange globes for me this year. Time for zucchini bread.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • You should give a pumpkin or two some time. Mine usually don't even start to get orange spots until at least late August. Or you have just enough time to take a male pumpkin flower and manually pollinate a female flower or two. That's how I got so many apples and pears last year.

    By Blogger Allucas, at 10:56 AM  

  • I also like to track down old friends on the Internet, even if I don't bother to contact them. I get a little obsessed with my Googling. Facebook has made it easier to find people (and see their photo). But there are still the holdouts who prefer little or no Internet presence. And I guess that's OK.

    By Blogger Lasky, at 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home