Srcsmgrl

Saturday, September 29, 2007

I <3 Unshelved

I absolutely love this comic!

This really relates what being a librarian is all about. A large percentage of challenged books are picked out for grief by people who haven't even read them. Whether the person has read the book is one of the first questions asked on the questionnaire for the reconsideration of materials form at the library. We do not defend the content of the materials in our collection, but we do try to protect patrons' rights to have access to those materials. I have been thinking about this a lot since we are in the time of Banned Book Week and I introduced two Danger: Books! presentations.

(BTW, I love these showings! Get in to see one if you can!)--I know, I haven't said that before...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home