Srcsmgrl

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Shimotsuma Monogatari--Two Thumbs Up!

Have you ever watched a random movie and had it simply and totally make you happy? I was reading "missed connections" the other day when I was in need of amusement and read some reference to this movie, Kamikaze Girls. I was thinking it would be some morally questionable flick with girls chasing each other in their underwear. But hey, the library had it and I put it on hold.

What a gem! The original story line was amazing and the bright and spunky acting of the two main characters was refreshing. I was glued to the screen the whole time. I won't tell you the story...you will have to watch it for yourself, or look it up on Wikipedia, because they will tell you all. I will tell you that there were Japanese city and country scenes, scooters, scenes that reminded me of Amelie and others that reminded me of Kill Bill. I want to read the novel and the manga that go with it.

~Sigh~ Now I can go to bed with a big sappy grin on my face. ;)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home