Srcsmgrl

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

New and Old

In this building, on the very left in the picture, there is a new comic book store coming. When I walked by, there were shelves and shelves full of manga and comics and a sign on the door just said "Soon!". Located on 11th and 47th, I hope they get enough traffic, but then, we have so many great comic stores in the U-district already, what will make this one different?




I saw this lovely bus when I was out in Wallingford the other day. It was just so srcsmgrl-like that I had to take a picture. Looking up Mean Recess on the internet, I found that it is a band but their player wasn't working, so I have no idea what the music is like.

There will be snow tonight, I can feel it.



Tonight I volunteered at the UDYC holiday dinner. I mostly sat around, ate some really good food and chatted with the youth that come into drop in. Most of them headed over to ROOTS shelter afterward to stay out of the cold. Talk was mostly of how cold they have been and several said they hadn't slept in a couple of days. They were in really high spirits though and the atmosphere was a positive one. I hope everyone gets out of the cold tonight. It is always at times like this that I wish I could do more.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home