Srcsmgrl

Monday, November 03, 2008

Fill in the Entire Circle

Reading my blogging friend's post on voting made me confront the nagging feeling I am getting this election season. I filled out my ballot early this year, and I poured over the voter's pamphlet, talked to people, read the newspaper (gasp!) and watched the news before making my choices. In the past, I have been less than a good voter. I have missed many deadlines, not gotten ballots in the mail soon enough (these are not the same thing, and I think the second one is sadder than the first), filled out ballots based on gut feelings and political parties. I want to be a good voter, but my tendency towards procrastination does not serve me well.

This year, so much rides on who gets elected it makes me sick with worry. This is the first time in my memory that I cannot fathom letting the "other guy" win. I cannot imagine enduring 4 years of the wrong person (yes, from my point of view) being in office. Some part of me imagines the world coming to a slow and agonizing end, complete with the fires of hell and watching all that is dear to me melt away.

I know, I know. I am over reacting. I have lived through plenty of presidencies and governorships and I am still alive. No one I know died or even suffered much under the reign of the "other guy." Why does this one feel so important!? Why is it giving me bad dreams?

Guess I am growing up. I am looking forward to becoming old and senile and not having to worry so much later in life.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home