Srcsmgrl

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Toasting the Bride

Wow, am I tired. What a week. I drove over to Spokane last Sunday and I am still here. The Boy and I will head back to Seattle tomorrow.

I have stayed with my brother and sister in law all week and they have been really nice to put up with both me and The Boy that long. My sister was here too and we had a nice time hanging out, running errands for the wedding, going to Cordelain to play at the beach and going to the various pre-wedding festivities. I have really missed her since she has been in Nevada.

Being the maid of honor, I had to come up with a toast. This was harder than you might think, and I kept going back and forth until someone suggested that I tell a story about her. I came up with a pretty good one and about 30 minutes before the ceremony, decided that I should write some words down and I started crying although I managed to avoid major tears. I was misty all through the ceremony, but luckily the kids distracted me and I made it through. Finally time came to the toast and I said:

"I have known Meagan since she was born. She is my sister, but also my best friend. It hasn't always been that way. When we were younger, she was always sneaking into my room and wondered how I knew. She always left a toy behind. Since then, we have become best friends. We have traveled together and even though she lives far away now, we find time to visit. Since she has been gone, I am always looking around for signs of her. The one saving grace of having her so far away is knowing that she has Troy. Please join me in a toast to Meagan and Troy!"

This worked really well, or would have if I hadn't started crying right after I said "she always left a toy behind." I barely made it through the rest, but I did manage to choke it out and was able to pass on the mic to her dad. It was a really beautiful day. More soon.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • It was a beautiful wedding in every aspect. Your toast was lovely!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:20 AM  

  • Thanks! I know the wording here isn't quite right. I feel like it sounded better out loud, even though my breath kept hitching and I could barely get the words out.

    By Blogger srcsmgrl, at 7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home