Srcsmgrl

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Happenings

So many events coming up! Queen Anne will be seriously overwhelmed with literary happenings. We have Jourdan Keith, Poet Populist, coming to McClure Middle school in the next few weeks to give a workshop to half of the 6th grade class. That should be awsome. A month after that, we are having Teens, Poetry and Pizza. This is the culmination of my teen poetry contest that happened in December. The winners will be presenting their works and there will be a performance by Youth Speaks Seattle. Oh, and Pizza. Definitely pizza.

In July and August we will be doing our Summer Reading Program. Some of the events I am tying in with this are Gaming nights with the Wii and DDR, along with board games to fill in the waiting times, and Anime nights where we will show some of the more popular anime movies. I am hoping that The Boy will be around for some of those. Since the library will not be reopened at that point, all of these events (except the Poet Populist) will be held at the community center. They have been very accomodating and they have their own Teen room, which is great because it is comfortable and has everything we need.

My book group has been a little disappointing so far. The first one was yesterday--it was supposed to be the day before that, but they had to move it, so I couldn't be there like I planned. I haven't heard yet how many students showed up, but I am sure it went fine. They read Ulgies by Scott Westerfeld. The next one has a choice between two books, Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie by David Lubar and Mr. Monday by Garth Nix. The first book group also got put off by about 2 months. Next year I am looking forward to having my own library and doing my own book group rather than pairing with a school. It has been a good experience, though.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home