Srcsmgrl

Thursday, January 18, 2007

New Inspiration

On Tuesday I met with a fellow librarian to go over book talking. It is a bit strange, but the only book talk I have ever done was at my interview. I have tried to interest the teachers and librarians at my schools to have me come in and do one, but I have had no takers so far. It was a good afternoon with tea, scones and kitties, gross facts and fun titles. She also sent me home with Black Holes, a nifty graphic novel placed in Seattle in the 70's. It is dark and it is weird and just what I like in a graphic novel. I am still reading Maus and enjoying it very much.

Oh wait, I am transgressing. We had a nice couple of hours, discussing book talking and library politics. It got me excited for my first book talk and I have been looking up good titles in non-fiction to include in my reprotoir. I also worked at COL yesterday and got to interact with the ya librarian there. She is just always so upbeat and innovative. I like conversing with her and she always gives me new ideas without even meaning to. I should really carry a tape recorder.

I have finally received some responses from my librarians and schedulers, so I know when I am doing my lunch table and I am having a meeting with the book group organizers. I am making plans for my poetry party in May. Yay!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home