Srcsmgrl

Friday, March 30, 2007

Ka-Booom!

I have been so excited about my poetry event in May. I have been planning, making sure that we have the room, that we have a performer and that the Pizza will be plentiful, decent and cheap. One 2 second interaction with a teacher is making me doubt whether this event will be successful. The librarian at the school said I should go up and talk to her, introduce myself and talk about the program. I asked if it was ok if I interrupted class, and she said it would be no problem. So I wind my way up there--this school is a maze--and finally find the right door. I knock softly, then enter. The room is dark, she is doing something with the overhead, but all the kids chairs are in a circle and she is walking around with a crown on her head and a blanket around her shoulders like a cape. I waited and watched until one of the kids outed me, then went forward to introduce myself. I showed her the fliers for the event and explained why I was there. She just said "I already got those." I asked if she had given the kids the cards that won the contest and she said "yes" with an irritated look on her face. I felt very unwelcome. I just said, "well, hopefully I will hear from them soon," and skedaddled. Not my finest moment.

Now I find myself wondering if anyone will show up. Am I doing a program that no one wants to go to? And why did they give me ugly bright yellow paper when I quite plainly asked for red on the flyers? Darn it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • I don't know why color requests for flyers don't seem to pan out. It's one of the mysteries of our system.

    And that teacher interaction-- ouch! I hate it when that happens, but it happens to all of us.

    By Blogger Librarian Girl, at 5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home