Srcsmgrl

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanks!

"Does that sparkle with all the girls?"

"SUNSHINE!"

Good thing I am not doing that NaBloPoMo, or I would be sorely failing. Right now I am in sub-freezing temperatures in a place that doesn't have enough moisture for snow, or even frost. I am feeling the happy buzz of good people, food and memories. The Boy is watching last weeks South Park episode, which my sis and I happen to have already seen. We are sitting and making jokes, laughing and calling out spoilers. The Boy is game, he likes to know what is happening before it happens...

What is it about pre-travel trials that makes me into a complete bundle of nerves? I ran around and swore and promised The Boy bodily harm if he didn't start doing his homework. Then I explained my weird mood and assured him that anything I said during this time was not reality. We got to the airport with the help of SJ, who put up very well with my insane directions and time management issues. For the first time ever we breezed through security (usually I am the one they stop, put in the plastic room and blow air at.) When we sat down at our gate with a half hour to spare, I finished my pen pal's hat (in glaring pink and black--I almost feel that I have to explain to the people around me who it is for...). I was much more sane at that moment. Everything else has been gravy.

We have made the rounds of calls to family, loving them every minute in their absence. Now we are ready to sit down to this meal of thanks. We are thankful, each of us. Most of all, for this stress free day.

And thank you for all our friends and family we love so much.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home