Srcsmgrl

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I know what you did last weekend!


Jim's boat and the skidoo
Originally uploaded by Srcsmgrl
So this is what I did, along with camping (no sleep due to high winds at night), hanging with family, celebrating my step-dad's birthday and saving a woman from herself.

Pat turned a big 6-oh. To celebrate we all went to Sun Lakes outside of Ephrata and camped on a windswept plain, took the boat out on the lake and had a ton of fun. The Boy couldn't go--or actually could, but we found out too late :( Dr. T couldn't go 'cause he had to take some fancy schmancy test in Chicago. He actually got less sleep than I did.

On the day we spent on the lake, a woman and her daughter were jet skiing on new jet skis. They were making a name for themselves, driving pretty wildly. They were the talk of the jetty. Then the daughter lost control of her jetski and went barreling towards her mother, who jumped off her ride just in time to get run over by her daughter in the water. The lady starts screaming at the top of her lungs "I can't breath! I'm broken!" over and over. So we go pick her up in the boat and I hold her hands and try to get her to focus because she was freaking out--panic attack and the whole nine. I told her to look at me and breath. As soon as she had an audience at the dock though that was all out the window and she was yelling again. She didn't want to get out of the boat, but finally the paramedics pried her loose and we got on our way. I heard from her sister later that she was ok. That was our excitement for the weekend.

That, and the 40 mile an hour winds that made it sound like someone was banging on the side of my tent all night. Nobody got much sleep. Funny how it would only last from about 10pm till maybe 5am.

Oh, and the skidoo was a blast!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • That lady was very lucky. When I worked for the Snohomish County Parks Department, we had a swimmer decapitated by two a-holes on jet skis that we had previously cited twice that day. I had nightmares for months. It was horrible.

    By Blogger Allucas, at 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home