Srcsmgrl

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Hope on the Financial Horizon

The Mayor's press release about the budget cuts is up on the Seattle Channel website. We didn't get to have to much information about what the proposals were for cuts at the library ahead of time, although the administration was welcoming ideas. Whatever they proposed, the Mayor gave some of it back and we are only having a furlough and some cuts to our capitol funds (building renovations, etc). Look for a week closure of all Seattle Public Libraries for a week this summer. We don't know when yet, but the last time we had a furlough, it was the 3rd week of August--historical low usage.

I could use an extra week off this summer, for sure. It will suck not to be able to take vacation pay, but at least I know now, so I can start socking away $50 here and $20 there.

I also heard on the radio yesterday that Washington State is thinking about providing a bridge loan to qualifying home buyers that would give them an advance on the home loan tax credit. This would give new home buyers money for a down payment. I would like to see this go through. I have just started saving towards a down payment recently, and it would be a few years before I have the 10% down. This would allow me buy a house (probably a condo) a lot sooner.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home