Srcsmgrl

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sunshine on a Cloudy Day

I was so happy to see on the front of the Seattle Times this morning that The Crocodile has reopened. Looking at their website, I see I am a bit behind because they have a pretty full line up, and the Ting Ting's show on April 12th is already sold out.

I was so disappointed when the Crocodile closed a little over a year ago. I have fond memories of shows. Over the years I saw Mudhoney, Murder City Devils, Peter Buck of REM, the Divorce, Vendetta Red and many others at the Croc, as well as occasionally attended the monthly diy sale. I like the mix of diner, music venue and bar. I loved that they often had all ages shows that I could take my son to, but that they were still good shows with true fans.

It looks like from the article that the place has gone from shabby to "swank" but I am willing to let that go ;)

Zach Davidson of Siren Sister and Vendetta Red


Good times...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • I am also happy about this. The swank doesn't bode well with me, but as long as the place stays open and books good bands who am I to complain? I love the pictures of us there, especially because we awkwardly pulled Jimmy, the bassist from the now-defunct Divorce into them.

    By Blogger Roselle Kingsbury, at 11:28 AM  

  • I will be skeptical until I check it out. I have to wait until we get back from Vaca though to do so. We should plan a show--I am back on April 6th, do you want to look at their calendar and see if anything cool is coming up after that?

    By Blogger srcsmgrl, at 3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home