Srcsmgrl

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Too much time has passed

Facebook has taken over my online life--or more accurately a game called Mafia Wars. I am just getting over the hump of this addiction, where you can admit you have a problem and start pulling away. Plus the game just isn't as fun as it was a few days ago. Still fun, but not quite as fun. So I am here, making an effort to be away from the other tab open on my browser--I didn't say I was cured. I won't tell you about the game itself, because then you will either think that I am weak for being addicted to such a silly game or you will go play it yourself, get addicted and blame me....

So much has happened in non-online life the last couple of weeks. I rode my bike about 90 miles last month, and hope to continue that. The Boy, Dr. T and I went to Spokane over labor day, spent time with family and did wedding errands--I am sure you saw my shoes. The weather was gorgeous and the only thing I can complain about is not having enough time with my niece. She is so darling, but she doesn't really remember me and gets shy. I was hoping to get reaquainted with her over that weekend, but it turned out to be a little too busy. Sister M and her fiance were there, though and it was wonderful to see them and Papa P, my step dad for most of my childhood.

This weekend, well, I worked Saturday. But it was a good day. I like being at my small branch in the summer. It is really sunny in there, my co-workers rock and there are lots of goodies close by. Molly Moon's Ice Cream, Bella Cosa Foods and now Archie McPhee as of yesterday. I went to Bella Cosa and bought yummy cheese and salumi salami for my bbq/game night the next day. On Sunday I got the whole house sparkley then had family and friends over for a bbq, then later had more friends over for games. It turned out to be another beautiful day and all of my best friends made it--except Sister M, who living in Nevada is given a pass ;) Oh yeah, and it was my birthday.
The Seattle Public Library Summer Reading Program 2009 - I'm a fan!
In libraryland I have been setting up school visits for summer reading and book talks: my older teen list and my tween list; and scheduling Danger: Books! presentations for the fall. Soon, the Summer Reading Program will take over my life. This is the fan badge for the teen program, although they all look pretty much the same:

Get yours here.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • wow. am i a horrible sister or what? I forgot to call you on your bday! Bad me. Sorry about that. I love you and Happy Birthday. I will try to call you tonight, to sort of make up for it. your bday present is on its way!

    By Blogger Meagan, at 9:51 AM  

  • Happy Belated Birthday!

    I haven't tried Mafia Wars yet, but several of my Facebook friends are doing it. I'll try to heed your warning for now and not get addicted. :)

    I've been doing a bit more Facebook and a little less blogging lately too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:42 PM  

  • OMGWTFBBQ??? =( =(

    By Blogger El JoPe Magnifico, at 7:48 PM  

  • Arg, sorry El JoPe. It wasn't intentional. It was an invite where I started out on a different weekend with just co-workers, then moved the weekend, then decided to have family over earlier, then added a few friends. I am sure that I forgot other ppl too. Bad me.

    No worries, Meagan. See above for my own memory problems. Can I claim old age stupidity?

    Thanks Merra!

    By Blogger srcsmgrl, at 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home