Srcsmgrl

Monday, August 10, 2009

Dinner? I hope so!

Home today from Spokane. I will have more wedding goodies to share, but first on my mind is my p-patch (only because I was just there). Thanks to my friend and Dr. T, it is still alive. Behold, CORN:



And very green pumpkins!


My harvest for today:


The carrots are tiny, but really yummy, and I plan to make some mashers from the potatoes I dug up last week and add the chives and green onions. The tomato isn't quite ripe, but it started raining out there and it is supposed to get worse, so I wanted to make sure I got to eat at least one of them. I harvested a couple of the young pumpkins to eat like zucchini. The plums are from a neighbor's yard (I got permission, promise) and the funny white thing in the front actually came off of my potato plant. According to this q and a, they are how the potatoes produce seeds. They are poisonous, so I won't be eating them. Here is a pic of them on the plant:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home