Srcsmgrl

Monday, July 02, 2007

Locked-in at the Library, Conclusion ;)

And it was! So much fun. I sort of hated being the one telling them what to do. I wanted to play, too. We ended up with 29 out of the 30 teens coming to the Lock-in. LA and I set up the gaming equipment and there was Wii and DDR. The kids had a great time playing and when the cord to one of the projectors got cut by the access door they recovered from the resulting "bang" and allowed us to find another cord without freaking. We also showed anime movies, played Apples to Apples and let the teens use the computers. We found out about a new popular website called "ask Peter" that is a rather spooky/scary joke site. One little girl got upset at around 2 in the morning and we had to call her dad to pick her up. Oddly/luckily he was awake and got there in about 5 minutes. Another boy got a stomach ache (probably too much pizza) but he made it through. Nobody got kicked out and I got almost 4 hours of sleep! The Boy claims to have only gotten 2.5, but I think it was more. Only one teen wasn't picked up in the morning and that was quickly remedied--they were hoping we would send her home on the bus, but after we explained that we couldn't do that, the mother came right away.

I had my interview this morning. I think I did well, but I won't deny that my stomach is tied in knots right now.

Next post will be of the all ages show that I took The Boy to. Much of my family was there as well and there will be some pictures.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home