Srcsmgrl

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Long weekend

Had an all girl camping trip over the holiday weekend. No, no one died. Mothers worry, I guess, when we girls go camping without any men to mess up the making of our fires or the pitching of our tents. Don't worry, Mom, we remembered food and matches. Now leave us alone!

On the way out of the Olympic Forest, we stopped at Elwa Hot Springs. They were beautiful and delightfully uncrowded.


Elwa Hot Springs 009
Originally uploaded by Srcsmgrl


We came home on Sunday so as to get a little rest before work on Tuesday. I had a delightful time lunching with SJ. We met a previous tango buddy of mine randomly at Diva Espresso in Greenwood and spent a couple hours conversing on sci-fi books, the film industry and the many forms of dance. Then we went to 74th Street Alehouse and had a yummy lunch accompanied by a large Strongbow cider that made me fuzzy for about an hour. I think I talked a lot, really fast and probably did not let my friend get much of a word in for a while. Such are the dangers of high alcohol content beverages at the noon hour. Later I topped off the visit by pouring hot coffee all over my leg. I enjoyed hanging out with SJ and companion for a while--intelligent conversation! Not that my other friends aren't intelligent, we just tend to talk about everyday subjects, rather than Library theory and women of the bible.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • I had Strongbow in Spain...it was great! Sounds like a great labor day!

    By Blogger Lacey, at 11:16 AM  

  • I bet your weekend at the lake was good too.

    Strongbow is definitely yummy!

    By Blogger srcsmgrl, at 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home