Srcsmgrl

Friday, August 24, 2007

Fluttery Tummy

There have been two developments in library land today. The first one is easy. I found a potential missed opportunity and rectified it. A local agency usually has one of our Book-It Danger: Books! presentations but was missed because the former Teen Services Librarian took another job. In introducing myself to the agency, they mentioned that they usually have that program, so I quick as a super mod scooter did some inquiring and found that not all the spaces were full. Then I put in motion the necessary steps to get it scheduled with Book-It and the agency. Whew! Missed opportunity diverted!

Second development...a TSL position is opening up in a library that I have worked at quite a lot. And...in response to the fact that I will undoubtedly be applying for that job, my job will now be posted as well... Soooo, now I really have to brush up on interviewing so that I won't be out of work in a few weeks.

I have been meaning to put together a list of topics for interviewing. What I have had rattling around in my brain since the last one is:

diversity
behavior issues
teamwork
controversy in the work place
general tasks: reader's advisory, reference, outreach and programming, selection and collection maintenance
flexibility and perseverance
technology

And of course, I have eliminate my habit of downplaying my skills. I am the best person for the job!

I am nervous and excited all at the same time....

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • Hey, good luck! No way they can pass you up this time! And if they do ... those bastards are just plain crazy. You are most definitely the best for the job! Can't wait to see you and Kory at Thanksgiving. I am already really excited!

    By Blogger Meagan, at 3:04 PM  

  • How exciting! Good luck!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home