Srcsmgrl

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

We had a great time on Whidbey Island. The Highland Games were fun; we saw Ockham's Razor, who play in Seattle sometimes and the Stout Pounders. Sis and I went to the beer garden while The Boy went to look at something and saw the singer of Ockham's Razor coming into the garden as we were leaving. When the door (gate?) guy asked for his ID, the singer said "ok, but don't laugh at my hair." The door/gate guy said "we were doing that as you walked up." Singer looked offended and said, "I meant on my ID." His hair was pink--not a normal men's haircolor for Whidbey, I be thinkin'.

We went to a nice place in Langley for dinner, called the Fish Bowl--kind of fancy, but we suffered through. The Boy has a bad tendency to slurp his salad (a strange phenomenon) and my Sis and I had to shame him into conformity. It didn't work very well. When we got back to the hotel, we beat each other up with the 3' wooden swords we bought at the festival, played a couple hands of poker, then fell asleep.

The next day we drove North through the rest of Whidbey. We stopped in Fort Casey and snooped through the old buildings and over the catwalks and gun platforms. Then we went through Deception Pass, got out of the car for the requisite walk of the high places--which I love so much. I did enjoy the view, as long as I avoided looking straight down.

We stopped at the Seattle Outlet stores on the way down and Sis got some suits for her new gig in Elko. My sister, a Judicial Clerk. Only a day or two left before she goes :'(


HG rock 3
Originally uploaded by Srcsmgrl
And here is a man throwing a 120# rock, dibbed the "Whidbey Rock."

1 Comments:

  • Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. That rock is ginormous!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home