Srcsmgrl

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snow! Again!


This is little car. I call her that a lot. She gets me around and I have been loving her the last couple of days with the way she has gotten me around in the snow. She may be old, but she is a pretty gal, has lots of room and gets great gas mileage. I hope to keep her for(ever) a long time.



This is our street all covered in snow. I can barely tell in this pic that it is snowing, but there are tiny ice particles falling out of the sky. They are covering everything and making the compact snow and ice very slippery. I am glad we got home right after this started.



Looks like a great place to have a garden party. Oops, forgot to bring in the cushions... It was really cold, so seeing the light through the window reminded me that I don't really need to take pictures right now.

Earlier today, I made the trek out to Lake Stevens to pick up The Boy from his dad. The Boy's dad does deliveries of stock to stores, luckily of a rather recession-proof commodity, and The Boy helps sometimes on the weekends for a bit of spending cash. I hope he does better than he does on his chores around here... Then we drove to Snoqualmie Falls area to visit my mentee with the Juvenile Court system. The Boy had to wait in the office while I went, so I didn't stay long. I did get to deliver some cookies and books that I hope she will like and we talked for a little while about her options after she leaves Juvie. This is my third month knowing her and I think she is a good kid. She has a bad temper and hasn't had the best upbringing, but she is trying to right the first one and making plans to overcome the latter. I hope my visits and influence help.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • Bah, your snow doesn't hold a candle to our snow, and we're getting more tomorrow :D

    That mentee thing sounds pretty cool, hopefully things work out for her

    By Blogger Chris, at 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home