Srcsmgrl

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Productivity? I try, but it's against my nature...

Ah, [stretch], first day of "productivity vacation." What is that, you ask? That is were I take two days off to get things done. Like spring cleaning, going through closets, taking things to the Goodwill or selling CD's and books at Half-Price.

So, what did I do first? I slept till 10. I am no good to anyone if I am tired, and I have been seriously tired this last week. I have filled my mornings with meetings and PT and volunteering so there has been no extra time for sleeping. Sad, I know.

What did I do next...well, that is harder to spin in a "productive" direction. I went on FaceBook and my iGoogle; a combination that brings time suckage to a heightened frenzy. On iGoogle, I found many local articles that I wanted to share with folks, so I sent some emails to selected people that I thought would be interested--I will share them with you at the end of this. Then on FB I found that the Library has posted a link to their blog, Shelf Talk that highlights books on odd occupations, which reminded me that the Library just launched its job hunting page. So I shared both on my profile. I seem to know more and more folks getting laid off these days.

So that brought me here, wanting to share the above information with more people. So that is productive--see, I knew I could do it!

But not really productive in the way I need to be these next two days...so, I am out!

(After I link the articles I was talking about:)

Solid Ground gets a Grant from the Seattle Foundation
Former Gang Member Credits Mentor Program for His Success and Survival

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home