Srcsmgrl

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

On a Lighter Note

THE 99 THINGS MEME (or as many as I feel like before I peter out, which will probably be only half) Stolen from Pop Culture Librarian (some answers will remain the same, 'cause I am lazy like that). How many of these have you done?

1. Started your own blog. Duh.

2. Slept under the stars. Yes, many camping trips, many times

3. Played in a band. Oddly, after my brother's wedding 7 years ago we went out to a bar for the after party and the band invited 3 of us on stage to play an instrument. So yes, I played the trumpet very badly with a band.

4. Visited Hawaii. I was 5 and went with my mom and grandparents. I remember little crabs running in and out of holes as the waves rolled in and out.

5. Watched a meteor shower. Many as a young'un. Mostly with my little red aunt.

6. Given more than you can afford to charity. I have, usually to KEXP.

7. Been to Disneyland/world. Yes! Once as a teen and once with my son last year. The first time was ok, the second time was a blast!

8. Climbed a mountain. Yes, a little one that didn't require much effort.

9. Held a praying mantis. Yes. When I used to wrangle carts for the grocery in Wenatchee. One year a bunch of them flew in, and for some reason liked to land on the carts. I removed one so it wouldn't get squished and it sat on my shoulder for several hours.

10. Sang a solo. Yes, not well. Choir from 7-10th grade.

11. Bungee jumped. Nope

12. Visited Paris. No, never been to France. There are quite a few similar questions below, so I am going to not bother answering them.

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. I watched a storm that was over the sea while I was safe in my grandma's house.

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.Yeps.

15. Adopted a child. Nope

16. Had food poisoning. More than likely.

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. Never been to the East Coast

18. Grown your own vegetables. Yes, currently as you all know.

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. See above

20. Slept on an overnight train. Yes, on a trip to Chicago when I was a child.

21. Had a pillow fight. Duh.

22. Hitch hiked. I would say no, but there were a couple of times when we ended up stranded where we had to hitch a ride. I was always with a parent though, when I was a child. One was a disasterous canoe trip, once our van hood flipped up and broke the windshield on I-5 when we were on our way skiing, and another time our van broke down (different van) on the highway and we got a ride to a gas station.

23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill. Mental health days are necessary from time to time to keep you healthy. Not often though.

24. Built a snow fort. Yes, both as a child with my sister and brother, and with my son when he was little.

25. Held a lamb. Don't think I have held one.

26. Gone skinny dipping. Yes.

27. Run a marathon. Nope, closest I have gotten is a sprint triathlon.

28. Ridden a gondola in Venice. See above (I know, it isn't France, but I don't care)

29. Seen a total eclipse. A couple.

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. Duh.

31. Hit a home run. Both kinds.

32. Been on a cruise. Only one of those ones around the Sound.

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person. I don't think so. Maybe when I was younger with my Dad. But that might have been somewhere else.

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. Nope

35. Seen an Amish community. Nope

36. Taught yourself a new language. Any languages I've learned have been taught to me. I can't imagine learning a language by myself.

37.Had enough money to be truly satisfied. Getting pretty close. I was feeling better before this furlough. Talk to me in a month.

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person. Nope.

39. Gone rock climbing.Nope. Nope

40. Seen Michelangelo's David in person. Nope

41. Sung Karaoke.Yes--best times have been in the private karaoke rooms at Seattle's Best Karaoke or the similar place in the ID.

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. Yes, when I was married and drove to Oklahoma after the wedding, we stopped in Yellowstone and saw the geyser.

43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant. No, but I have given a meal to a stranger on the street (person asking for money)

44. Visited Africa.Nope. And meme writer, it bugs me when people just say Africa like it's one monolithic place instead of a continent with a jillion different countries. In case you were wanting my feedback. (agreeing with PCL here)

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. Yes, I don't remember when though. Probably a trip to Ocean Shores. Definitely down at Richmond Beach.

46. Been transported in an ambulance. No, thank goodness. I did have to take The Boy to the emergency room when crazy aunt let him take the rap for missing medication. That was fun.

47. Had your portrait painted. Nope

48. Gone deep sea fishing. No deeper than the Sound. Probably not deep enough.

49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person. Nope.

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Oh my god, no, ok?

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. Nope

52. Kissed in the rain. Yes, and in the snow and in the sunshine...I could go on and on

53. Played in the mud. Ok, now the meme is just getting stupid.

54. Gone to a drive-in theater.Yes, lots of times. The first one I ever went to was Carrie (my parents were a little sadistic, my sister saw Aliens when she was 4 or something).

55. Been in a movie. Probably not.

56. Started a business. No, unless you count the freelance wordprocessing etc. that I did after I graduated from undergrad. That was pretty sporatic. I also did some house sitting. Neither was premeditated though. It usually just fell into my lap when I needed some money.

57. Taken a martial arts class. Nope unless you count play fighting with my cousin who was a black belt in tai kwon do.

58. Sold Girl Scout cookies. I buy them occasionally. Walk alongs I think--the carmelly ones.

59. Gone whale watching. Not on purpose, but I have seen whales in the water just like, on accident.

60. Gotten flowers for no reason. I have bought them myself for no reason other than I wanted them.

61. Gone sky diving. Nope, be looking for the suicide note if I ever do.

62. Toured the Everglades. Nope

63. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London. Nope

64. Broken a bone. Nope, just my front tooth.

65. Been on a speeding motorcycle. Yes. Boyfriend 10 years older when I was 16-18. Also, last steady before Dr. T, but he didn't speed. Never driven one myself.

66. Published a book. Had a poem published in a scam contest. Trying to get my money--it worked.

67. Bought a brand new car. Not myself, but my ex-husband did when we were married.

68. Had your picture in the newspaper. Yes, for sports stuff and playing with a goat at the fair when I was a kid.

69. Visited the White House. Nope, see above

70. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. Nope, well, fish.

71. Met someone famous.Yes, Paula Abdule when she was in Oklahoma for bulemia rehab--she came into the coffee shop I worked at. One of my co-workers husbands found out she was coming in and freaked her out by waiting for her to come in, then pouncing. He was weird.

72. Joined a book club. Yes, but they never lasted long

73. Lost a loved one. Yes.

74. Had a baby. Yup, but just The Boy. I think that is all I have in me.

Surprised I made it as far as PCLibrarian. But there you go.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home