Srcsmgrl

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Babies Having Babies

My mentee was picked up on her warrant yesterday morning. She didn't have her child with her, but he was tracked down later in the day and is now in custody. My mentee is likely out of detention by now, but I don't know where she is or where she will end up. I have been playing phone tag and email tag with her social worker for the last day or so. The social worker's emails have been cryptic and uninformative, even though that used to be her preferred mode of communication. Now she seems to want to talk on the phone, but hasn't been available at the same times I have.

So I am frustrated and feeling ineffectual. My mentee's cell phone just rings and rings. I know that her family, what little she has, does not show support for her. She has messed up and I don't know how badly. She is only 17 and has never had a good support network. The foster family she lived with, that she lost her placement with, was the closest thing she had. She wasn't ready to be a parent, but she was doing pretty well, and now she may have lost custody.

Just biding my time until I can do something.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • I don't have anything really constructive or helpful to say. But just to say it's a nice thing you're doing, in helping others. And just hang in there.

    By Blogger Ivan Chew, at 8:27 PM  

  • Thanks Ivan. I hope she is ok. There is so many bad things that she could be involved in right now. I don't like to think about it.

    By Blogger srcsmgrl, at 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home