Srcsmgrl

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wearing different hats

I am feeling more alive today, although I am trading the being tired and grumpy for stomach upset. I won't beleaguer you today with my whining, just know why I am still not quite myself.

I need a costume for Saturday. There is a costume party a bunch of friends are giving and they are REALLY into the dressing up thing. I have dressed up in the past and had some fun with it, but lost my momentum over the years. Last year I didn't even bother.

I looked through my costume box (doesn't everyone have one of these?) and found that I really have 2 choices, both of which will require the aquisition of some accessories. I can be a pirate BORING! or a steam punk. The second one is cool, but I am not sure that it is recognizable. I hate it when people ask: So what are you, anyway? Are there any recognizable steam punk characters besides Agatha Heterodyne from Girl Genius? Maybe Nausicaa or Sheeta from Castle in the Sky. But none of those lend to good costumes. Maybe I will just make a sign to wear that says "What? You don't know?" and leave it at that.

****

Lots going on in Libraryland. I am taking on more responsibilities while trying to be more organized and lessen others so that I don't get overwhelmed. It is working so far. I am redesigning and taking over updates on my Instruction Committee intranet site. That will only be a lot of work at the beginning. I have done two branch sites already, but the editing interface is pretty different for the committee site. I have been playing with that and learning about the difference between publishing pages and team pages. I have made a few small changes to start with and plan to make more sweeping ones when I have hang of things.

I am also "weeding" our Flickr account. Our paid subscription is up and we aren't going to renew. The free option only shows the most recent 200 pictures, so I will be choosing the "best" and deleting the rest so that the good ones show up on the blog.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • Two words. Shirt Ninja.

    By Blogger Chris, at 2:05 AM  

  • I was going to ask "WTF is a Shirt Ninja?" but then I used my awesome power of googling and found the answer.

    By Blogger srcsmgrl, at 8:22 AM  

  • If the party that you're going to is the one I think you're going to: rest assured that there is a contingent of folks who are going way low-key on the costumes. And I'm not just saying that because I am one of them. :)

    By Blogger Librarian Girl, at 5:09 PM  

  • Oh good, then I can go as a Shirt Ninja ;)

    Laid back would be nice. I know some people that will be there go all out on the costumes. I definitely wouldn't want to laughed out for wearing a sheet with holes in it.

    By Blogger srcsmgrl, at 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home