Srcsmgrl

Monday, September 11, 2006

First Day...

Today was the first day at work in the library. The no benefits message in the morning kind of made me blah before I got there--evidentally temporary employees doen't get benefits for 6 months. Just more incentive to get a permanent position. I went in to the Central Library to fill out paperwork. I took the bus to avoid the parking hassel, which turned out to be a good move.

The job itself is turning out to be everything I hoped (and feared). It is going to be very challenging. My first big thing will be to announce a Book It performance to a whole auditorium of middle schoolers. Guess I have to stop getting nervous in front of crowds. I know I can do it well, I just need to be VERY prepared. I am calling the school librarian tomorrow to set things up and to make contact for future programs. I am also trying to make friendly relations with my colleagues and coworkers.

I am so tired. I learned a lot today--the circ system at SPL is quite different from Sno-Isle's, both better and worse. It is easier to do different searches--you don't have to memorize codes for a bunch of search types, but there are also a lot more functions possible on Horizon than Carl and it can get confusing. It was only day one though, so I am sure it will be fine.

When I left Sno-Isle, I left some stationary and stamps for my girls--the ones that always talk to me when they come in. I hope they will write me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home