Srcsmgrl

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Connecting with My Community

Things are starting to pick up speed. The teen home in the area finally came in today and I was able to talk to their teacher and give her my information. She wants me to come in and do a half hour book talk. That will be great. Most of the kids ask a lot of questions while they are here, which is really good since it gives me an idea of what they like.

I am going to the teen advisory meeting at a local private school next Wednesday. I am going to tell the students how SPL can help with their homework etc. and listen to what they have to say about what they want in a library.

Tomorrow is my first lunch table at the local public middle school. I am nervous and excited. There will be candy and flip pens--how cool! I have to go collect my supplies! Yikes!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home