Srcsmgrl

Thursday, October 19, 2006

What's Up, Buttercup?

That title just came into my mind, so I kept it.

I have my halloween display up, which makes me happy I don't work for a public school. They can't have anything "Halloween" and I just love the holiday. I am a pagen at heart. The only problem with our display is that it is in a glass case. It might as well be locked up. No one really sees it. I broke the rules and put a couple of books on top, but they haven't generated any interest either. On the upside, every book I have put on the Staff Pic's shelf has been checked out.





I started following up on my newsletter today. A week ago I sent out an October Teen Library news letter to all my community contacts--school librarians, community centers, etc. Today I sent out a couple of emails and tomorrow I start making phone calls. I am hoping to set up some classroom visits soon and maybe another book group--not that the first one has taken off. I am still waiting to hear from the school librarian at the Middle School about that. But she is definitely interested.

I have my first lunch table next week. Wish me luck!

Our russian trouble patron got himself ejected. The picture of him looked so sad. I don't want to deny anyone access to the library, and I think that people such as this gentleman need the place to go more than others. However, he was being disruptive and a little scary. Hopefully he will learn something from the experience.

It is a dark and stormy night...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home