Srcsmgrl

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Little Worried

But trying not to let it bother me. Yesterday, my branch manager stopped by my desk to tell me that he still didn't know whether my position would be extended beyond the Queen Anne closure in mid to late October. He did not sound as optimistic as he did before and gave me my best and worst case scenario. Of course, best case would be to get extended and apply for the permanent position when the library reopens. Worst case would be that I will be let go in October, where I will suddenly be left with no job. There are a few things in between that might be possible, but those are the two most likely scenarios.

Of course I am still applying other places. I have my skills assessment tomorrow at King County and there are two positions with Sno-Isle I will be sending in applications for in the next couple of days. The only recent job opening at Seattle Public has been at Rainier Beach, which just feels too far away in the wrong direction. I should probably apply for that as well.

I just have to keep reminding myself how valuable this experience is--and it is. I have already learned so much that is just not taught in library school. I know that this job will lead to great things. I just hope I don't die of starvation before I find another one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home