Srcsmgrl

Friday, November 03, 2006

Web 2.0

Yesterday was staff day at SPL. It was very well done; kudos to the organizers. The Keynote speaker was Stephen Abrams, SirsiDynex's vice president of innovation. This guy is on top of Web 2.0, and he talks a lot about it in his blog. He challenged the library to meet our patron's technological expertise and begin using interactive and networking websites, including blogging, web casting, and even Myspace. The talk was very inspirational and the really cool thing is that my manager thinks (and I agree) that we should make a blog for our library while it is closed for renovations, then possibly expand it later with RSS feeds and community news. Keep the community active and interested while we are gone and after we are back.

I have a lot of ideas for this and am excited to get started. Unfortunately I am off work until Sunday, so someone else might beat me to it. I don't want to be greedy, but I really want to be involved from the ground floor. My coworkers are pretty excited about it too and I want to keep them interested.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home