Srcsmgrl

Friday, December 01, 2006

Snow and Openings

The snow has (mostly) melted and things are getting back to normal. There was an interesting couple of days of "wintery mix" as the Pop Culture diva noted, with lots of slipping and sliding on the part of cars, trucks and SUV's. Luckily, I didn't have to work through the bad part on Monday and Tuesday and Wedenesday was easy-peasy. That night the snow was beautiful though--but only lasted a couple of hours before it rained a bit.

I made it in fine to work on Wednesday, but it was slooow that day. There were a lot of homework questions and reader's advisory with parents for their kids.

Yesterday I sent in a resume and cover letter for a position at NHY. It would be nice to have almost full time and a permanent position and it sounds like it would be challenging over there, which is something I am ready for. I would feel bad leaving my community contacts in the lurch, but I am sure they will carry on without me.

I tried to go to the Isabelle Allende author reading at Town Hall last night, but I didn't get off until 8pm so they were full when we got there. I haven't been to a reading for a long time so I was dissappointed to miss it. Maybe next time.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home