Srcsmgrl

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Consolation Prize

Well, surprise to me. I did not get my job. There were six candidates for the two jobs, three were not even considered. Out of the other three, two of the interviews went better than mine--Congrats to my cohort, Exmanhater, who got the other job. I am looking forward to working with you.

Because, yes, even though I didn't get my job, or the other job that was being interviewed for (which would have been quite the commute from my house), I did get the consolation prize. A temporary, 64 hour (2 week time period) teen services position, split between two libraries. The larger branch is closed at the moment, and the other is just teeny. I have no idea where I will be working shifts and I don't think that my predecessor scheduled any summer reading programs...but I could be wrong about that.

I assume that I will be at least going to my SRP program this Thursday. After that...maybe I will be a glorified reference body. God that would suck.

I have to admit that I was looking forward to becoming permanent and having some stability. I am sad to lose all the work I have put in at Queen Anne and the chance to continue working in a great neighborhood with a great bunch of people.

I am generally just sad that I was not able to convince the interviewers that I am the best person to do my job. I think of all that they and I will be losing by not having me there and it makes me frustrated.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home