Srcsmgrl

Friday, September 07, 2007

Clouds and Mystery and Saddness

I must be a very possessive person. My (aaauuughgh!?!) new goal is to use the first word in this sentence as little as possible. Why, you may ask? Well, I just made a Tag Cloud of this blog and guess what the biggest word was? You guessed it.

I couldn't get the computer to save the cloud as a picture, so I will tell you that the next largest words were "library," "work" and "interview." Imagine that.

If you want to see how the tag cloud works, you can visit Stephen Abrams Blog. The only difference was that he had it tag the whole web page and I only had it tag the text (cut and paste). He ended up with a few codes from the html, etc, mucking things up.

Having a "ghost in the machine" day today. I am changing a bunch of books to series in the computer, but about 5 out of 50 of them are not showing up. At all. Their barcodes just don't work and there is no corresponding book in the catalog. It is like they were deleted, but they are not books that would normally be discarded. Pretty high circulations for those teen romances, you know?

Update: I just found out that Madeline L'Engle died yesterday at the age of 88. Link goes to the obit in the NY Times. She was one of my favorite authors growing up.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Yeah it was really sad when I read that she had died. I loved A Wrinkle in Time. I was thinking that maybe I need to read it again sometime and some of her other books.

    By Blogger Meagan, at 10:10 PM  

  • I did a cloud once and the largest word was "crap." I didn't think that I used the word that much, but hey, what do I know?

    By Blogger Librarian Girl, at 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home