Srcsmgrl

Monday, July 28, 2008

The Incredible Invisible Customer

Do you ever feel like you are invisible? That the fact that you have an account with a company doesn't matter? I banked with WAMU for over 18 years and they didn't even bat an eyelash when I complained then switched to a credit union.

While switching between bank accounts, I had a snaffu with my line of credit payment for another bank. This is my only account with them, they bought my account from MBNA and in the past they have denied me a lower intrest rate, even though MBNA had promised they could lower it after a certain amount of time.

This time, as I was updating all of my bank information for the online payment, there was a mishap. It was the day before the bill was due and I looked to make sure the payment was set. Well, it didn't appear to be--it said that there was no payer information even though I had updated it all a couple of weeks before. So I paid it. And it came out twice. $500x2=$1000 I don't usually have that much extra in my account.

So I called them and they guy I talked to said they would reverse the second payment and that it would be a day or two, which sounded about right since it only takes a day for the payment to come out--if even that.

Nope, that was a week ago. I have talked to them again since then, and while the representatives are always nice and sympathetic, they can't do anything for me. The second time I talked to someone, they told me that it takes 8 days to put the money in. Unless you have a checking account with them. So I have been broke for a week, having to use my credit card to buy groceries and waiting anxiously for the money to come back.

When I talk to the managers at this company, they make me feel ineffectual. They put on a nice front, but since I don't bank with them otherwise, they are unwilling to help me. It is their policy. I can't wait to pay them off and say goodbye forever. Funnily enough, the last manager I talked to congratulated me on my good credit and told me to call back when I was ready to buy my first house.

Right.

I called them again today, because the money still wasn't back. The first guy I talked to wouldn't let me talk and he was a jerk. He wouldn't let me speak to a manager and ended up hanging up on me. The only information that he imparted to me was that it could be up to 30 days before the credit showed up!

The second woman listened to me and put me through to a manager. He also listened to me, credited my account for the 2 overdraft fees that I got due to this fiasco. There is nothing they could do for me in the mean time, but I asked that he make sure that his staff were better educated and the website looked into. That first payment never did show up on there, although my balance reflected both.

Their initials are BoA, but I doubt they are all that different from the other big banks out there. I am just tired.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Ack! I hate the banks as well. The only one I have EVER banked with that was good to me most of the time was BECU. All the rest of them are so rude. And always to excited to overdraft you. I called my bank the other day because even though I had the money in my account they were overdrafting me. Two hours later, they gave me a courtesy refund of one of the fees. And they couldn't explain what had happend. Except I didn't get my money back. Whatever. As soon as I sell my house, that account is being closed. This just became a really long comment, sorry! :) Anyway, I'm with you, banks are terrible! Let's go back to trading chickens and produce for what we need.

    By Blogger Becky, at 1:05 PM  

  • SMCU seems good so far. I have only been with them for 2 months though. Their fees are a lot lower than any other bank I have seen and I hear they have great loan opportunities.

    By Blogger srcsmgrl, at 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home