Srcsmgrl

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Poor Little Car, I Mean Stove...

On Wednesday, my car and I had a little snafu. I said "start" and it said "no." The battery was dead for no good reason. Luckily, I have roadside assistance, so I called them, called work, then went in to make a boca burger. The handyman that lives and works around the house was down doing laundry. I turned on the range and started the burger, then decided I wanted to warm up my bun from refridgerator temp to toasty temp. I turned on the broil option and "POP!"--sparks flying! I gave a cry of dismay, turned it off and handyman guy came in to see what is the matter.

"It exploded!" I said--"ok, just a little bit."
"What did you do?" he asked.
"This" I said and turned the oven back on.
"POP!" said the oven, more sparks, then all the lights went dead.
"Augh!" I exclaimed.
"Hmmm," said handiman.
"Yeah..."

So, might be getting a new-to-me stove. Wish it could be gas...

And I should probably stay away from electrical type things for a bit.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home