Srcsmgrl

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Home Again, Home Again...

I am back and had a wonderful weekend. For the 4th, Dr. T and I went to a co-worker/friend's party. It was nice to hang out with librarians outside of Libraryland. We only talked about books once (I swear!). Later the teens of the house let off illegal fireworks and we got off lucky because during a break, the police came by and busted the neighbors. Then we watched the city's fireworks display over Gasworks from her front yard. There was only one tree in the way.

On Saturday I watched The Golden Compass and was sad when it was over... I need to find out if they will be making the others. I can see why it didn't do as well as it could have. Dr. T was confused by parts and I had to explain it to him. I liked it quite well though and felt they had all the important bits in there. There is a page for The Subtle Knife on IMDB, but no information aside from the year 2009, which seems a bit optimistic.

Sunday we had a going away party for our beloved Children's librarian. She isn't going far, and I am sure I will still see her, but I will miss having her at the branch. We went to Tutta Bella and had wonderful pizza, salad and tiramisu. Yummm!

The rest of the weekend was spent playing Legend of Zelda, which my sister was so nice to get for me when they had it for cheap in the Amazon Gold Box.

Today I have my first computer class. I hope some kids show up...

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • Sorry I missed seeing you on the Fourth! We were party-hopping that night and we left before you got there. Would have loved to meet Dr. T. Dang!

    By Blogger Librarian Girl, at 7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home