Srcsmgrl

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Less Drama, More Fun

Someone wrote my opinion way better than I did: Times Editorial on the Seattle Bike Scene

Libraryland news: New search engine the cuil

4 out of 5 librarians agree--not a research tool. Good for shopping, but not searching. I tried several searches and compared them with Google and all of the google searches were more relevant. Guess there is something to that "most popular" sites thing.

Yesterday was bike ride number 3 and I am hoping that tomorrow will be ride number 4, but we shall see.

The Boy went back to his dad's house yesterday morning and I miss him already. Teenage boys sure are messy though, and it brings it to a new level when the things that are littering the house are needle tips. Luckily with the caps on, but I think I had to raise my voice 3 times to get them picked up and it happened more than once. I went in his room last night and noticed that they were on the floor and on his desk again, so I guess I get to pick them up. Yay.

I got the LG Voyager last night which caused me to stay up way too late figuring out how to tweak it. I also spent some time this morning adding music to my microsd to play on it. Good thing I did, because the computers were freezing up this morning at work, and the neighbors were playing a really loud movie. Before going insane I turned on the tunes and tuned out the distractions. So far I am very happy with my Voyager.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • Do you have a USB cord for your LG phone, or did you get the SD adapter kit? I can't get my computer to recognize the disk in the adapter, but the LG phone has no problem with it. I'm so frustrated!

    And welcome to my world with the needles - try it with cats. I find bloody strips and used tips everywhere - gross! Occasionally, I make him clean the bathroom - toilet brush and all. It seems to curb the mess for a while.

    By Blogger Allucas, at 9:34 AM  

  • I actually have both options. This new phone came with the cord and The Boy probably has our adapter in his pants pocket still--watch the laundry.

    It was annoying trying to get the drivers to work. At first it kept telling me to put in a disk, but when I finally gave up and loaded the Rhapsody program (Real Player, yuck!) it kicked in without me actually having to start the program. Let me know if you want to borrow anything.

    I usually make The Boy clean the bathroom when he is here. It is his chore and he does a fairly decent job at it after a lot of prodding.

    By Blogger srcsmgrl, at 10:00 AM  

  • That's exactly what it keeps telling me. The disk is in there dammit! I was trying My Music and iTunes, but have not every used Rhapsody. Were you able to load your own music into a play list, or did you have to buy new music?

    By Blogger Allucas, at 11:05 AM  

  • I got the program from the Verizon Wireless website (there was a prompt from the cd that also came with my phone). I was annoyed that I had to download it though. There might be something similar through your service.

    I was able to copy my files right onto the microsd rather than using the stupid program or purchasing online. In my experience iTunes will not work with anything but an ipod. Plus those dumb mp4s will not translate if you bought your music from iTunes.

    I know how frustrating it is when you do everything right and the stupid thing doesn't work.

    By Blogger srcsmgrl, at 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home