Srcsmgrl

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Libraryland Update

School visits are done and aside from getting ready to be gone for 2 weeks, my work days have settled down a bit. I'd better enjoy it, because when I get back I will be thrown into a frenzy of programs.

These will include computer classes (html and css for myspace and other sites, blogging and data hosting sites), a gaming tournament for ages 8-18 and zine drop-in days providing space and resources for zine enthusiasts. We will also have a book binding class, but that isn't until August and will require little work from me, although I hope to be able to learn a little something there.

During the ALA conference, I will be blogging on our SPL-ALA blog, so I might not blog here as often (as if my postings are usually something you can set your watch by...), but that is a little way off and I have posted a link to the page under my favorite blog links to the right.

Some of you may have heard that Deborah Jacobs will be leaving her post as City Librarian at SPL to work for the Gates Foundation. If you have any input as to what traits we should look for in a new City Librarian, go here and follow the links to make sure your voice is heard.

Non-Library related: The garden is moving along well. I planted strawberry plants and put down stepping stones and pea gravel to avoid the lake that forms in the walkway when I water.

Dr. T is coming home on Thursday! I am so excited to see him--it has been about 3 weeks since I visited him in Spokane.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home