Srcsmgrl

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Airports Are Fun

I am so glad to be going home. 10 days in California was about 5 days too long. Right now I am at the airport, typing this as a word document because the wi-fi signal is too weak.

Have I ever mentioned that I love to people watch. I have little commentaries that go through my head for every strange outfit, poufy hairdo and screaming child. There are plenty of the latter here. Maybe there is something in the water, or perhaps the let-down of regular stimulation after days in the Disney atmosphere have robbed the little buggers of their good cheer. I have not seen one happy child since I left Anaheim.

Security officers at John Wayne could take some customer service lessons from our own SeaTac officers. I have been on several airplanes lately, and the officers at John Wayne are by far the least friendly.

I went to Starbucks here, hoping to get a decent latte. I asked for a double short, my usual, and the girl says, “we don’t have a short, I can’t sell you one.” If you have a tall…doesn’t that imply that there is a short somewhere? Oh well, so I told her to give me a tall with a lot of room. So I paid the most that I have anywhere for a latte--$4.80. Can you believe it? It was too hot (a phenomenon of the Anaheim area, I’ve found) so I haven’t even tried it yet.

(The latte at the John Wayne Airport sucked, and when I was in the Oakland Airport, the Starbucks also didn't have short sizes, but the price was about .75 less)

But at least I am on my way home. I am looking forward to seeing my man, my boy and my garden. Oh, and my snake! Cleo. She has been very patient while I have been gone, I’m sure. I am sure she hasn’t broken out of her aquarium and commenced eating the mice, bugs and rats that undoubtedly live around the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home