Srcsmgrl

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Life limped along at subsonic speeds

As the title suggests, everything and nothing is happening right now. I am very busy with program planning, school visits and meetings, but nothing of note has happened in the last couple of weeks.

I am going to see Neil Gaiman tomorrow night! That is super cool. I have always enjoyed his books, although he isn't one of those authors where I have read everything he has written, the imagry in his books is something that stands fast in my mind. When I think of Neil Gaiman, I think of bright colors and dark streets.

The Boy has been playing football. He is having an awesome time, but it is frustrating to watch. Those poor kids--there are only 12 of them, so they only have one sub. The other teams have more players, have been playing longer and seem to have better direction. The Boy's coach is very nice, very dedicated, but doesn't seem to know exactly what he is doing. Maybe he is learning too. The first quarter of the game was one big mess, although it got better after that. The other team had 40 players and pulled their first string after the first quarter, then they just rotated players in so that after every play they were playing a whole new team. The Boy hurt his back pretty bad at the end of the third quarter and had to stay out the fourth. I am not notorious for my football knowledge, so thankfully Dr. T has been there to guide me through the games.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home