Srcsmgrl

Saturday, January 03, 2009

I like these!

So what, you say?

Am I just digging for more gifts? Don't I know that Christmas is over and who would spend that kind of money on plastic toys anyhow?

I am just excited for the Coraline movie coming out in February and when I saw those cute li'l buggers posted on Neil Gaiman's blog I just had to shout out. Couldn't help it.

No, I don't want to own them. Even though you can't tell from my actual living space, I hate clutter. Nick-nacks and other crap just don't float my boat. If I could, I would live in one of those pristine, sterile, ultra modern homes. But I can't. Know why? I have the hoarding crap bug from my mom. It is genetic, although some of us have overcome it pretty well. It is either out of protest for our upbringing or because his wife brings sanity to the household. Not sure which.

Mom used to take us out shopping a lot when we were kids. When I say she took us, that is the only part where we came in. She would go out, buy a bunch of useless stuff for the house, take us to lunch to bribe us to be quiet, then go hide the stuff at home to bring out a little at a time so my step dad wouldn't notice where his paychecks were going. I think it is a disease.

I don't really buy stuff, but I have a hard time letting it go. So when I get tissue paper with my clothing purchase, I save it because I might make it into something useful later. And cords to things I don't have any more? I may wish I saved it someday, so I do. Then when I do find a need for it, I can't find it. I go out and buy another one finally and the thing turns up the next day. Doesn't that figure...

So yeah, too much stuff.

And negativity. Another thing I inherited. I need to drop that too. Someone recently recommended How to Make Friends and Influence People as a good book to deal with that. Dr. T is amazingly good at avoiding negativity (except when driving ;) and I hope some of that will rub off on me.

Those are as close to resolutions as I am getting this year. Less stuff and less negativity. I doubt I can get rid of any of this crap. ;-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home