Srcsmgrl

Friday, February 20, 2009

No woman cann't help to getting laid with you

Now there's some good english. It appears that I am an object used to lay women with. Yikes. And this email came from "me". Love these email scams, they just keep getting better. I didn't open this one for fear that my computer would self destruct, that is just the subject line.

I am home sick again today and I feel like my head weighs 100 lbs. Mostly right behind my nose. You can imagine my mouth open so I can breath and my head keeps bobbing forward with the imagined? weight in the front of my face. Drugs make me weird, so I have been trying to only use them at night aside from the usual ibuprofen.

I have a lot to do at work. My valentine's display is still up in the teen area and I need to finalize my summer reading programs. I have to change one date because of my sister's wedding. Which leads me to a somewhat amusing/embarrassing tale--to me anyway.

When I was looking at the vacation calendar to see if I could get the week off leading up to and including the weekend of the wedding, there was a note above the date that said "closed." I blame my cold addled brain that I thought that meant the library was closed, although I couldn't see any rational reason why. So I emailed the person that takes care of the calendar and ultimately approves vacation requests to find out. He, of course, emails me back to say that it meant "Maxed Out" and that he would change it to say so. I almost left it at that, but for some reason decided to email him back, joking about weddings planned at the last minute. He replied that a concession could be made for one day. I jumped on it, included my managers in the email requesting the week off sans Sunday, which I might get off anyway. He approved it right away.

Opps. Backwards. I am supposed to email my managers first and they send it to the vacation manager. I totally jumped them and did I feel dumb. Caught up in the moment with my excitement to get the day off and I was just starting this darn cold, I just wasn't thinking straight.

I hope that is the last dumb thing I do for a while. I also hope I am back at work tomorrow. I still feel like I have potential to do idiotic things in a situation where I need to use my brain, so it is probably good that I am at home.

Speaking of idiotic things to do while sick--how about ording things online? Amazon Fresh has come to my neighborhood! I totally want to order my groceries online!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • Maybe you should suffer the weirdness and get some real Sudafed from a pharmacy. Sinus pressure like that is horrid.

    Hope you feel like yourself again soon. Get well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:43 PM  

  • Unfortunately it isn't just weird, it is almost hallucinogenic. I am going to take a benadryl sinus. I don't feel right driving anywhere right now.

    By Blogger srcsmgrl, at 2:45 PM  

  • Aw that cold sounds terrible. Are you going to be alright for brunch tomorrow?

    About the Valentine's Day display, there are still paper hearts plastered in business windows all over Madison Valley, so you're not the only one. Well, I did see the local halfway house cutting down its heart-shaped balloons yesterday though.

    By Blogger Roselle Kingsbury, at 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home