Srcsmgrl

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Book-it, Danno!

Wow, I was the first person to put Extras on hold at the Seattle Public Library. First time that's happened with a new book. I am really looking forward to seeing him in October.

There are going to be so many cool things for teens to do at the libraries this winter. I am on a committee for comic/graphic novel programs. We will have several draw-a-thons, comics nights and will culminate in a big all day event with a big author and a chance to publish your own (as long as you're a teen) graphic novel. Pretty rockin'.

We also have loads of Danger: Books! presentations coming up. If you haven't seen one, I highly recommend it. Book-It performs snippets from different banned books in honor of Banned Books week from September 29-October 6. They have some performances at the theater, but the Library also has several performances for free. Just go to the Seattle Public Library Calendar and use the search terms "danger books" and you will get a list of all the showings.

With so much going on in Library Land, I have very little time for a personal life :) All I want to do is go home and sleep for a really long time. However, yesterday I went back to my old stompin' grounds on Capitol Hill. I went shopping at the old VV on 10th and had lunch with my good friend Musical Mary (not to be confused with Warm Heart Yoga Mary). It was a nice laid back day with a lovely dinner of cheese and apricot perserves to top it off. Yes, I ate a whole lot of cheese. I do that every now and then.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • Hey, you remember Mark, one my visiting librarians friends from last summer? He apparently lords over the some portion of the graphic novel purchases at Charlotte's libraries now. All those countless hours in high school that I spent training him to be a fine connoisseur of comic books... *sniff* ...They grow up so fast!

    By Blogger El JoPe Magnifico, at 9:54 PM  

  • Yes I do remember! That's a cool job to have. I would love to do that myself someday, but I have never gotten the hang of manga...

    By Blogger srcsmgrl, at 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home