Srcsmgrl

Monday, December 10, 2007

Quick Post

I have just a few minutes before I start work, so here I go...

The weekend was a good one, except I didn't take any pictures while I was in Spokane. I went and stayed with my brother and his wife. They are in the midst of adopting a child--I am so happy for them. The will go far across the United States in a couple of months to pick up their brand new baby girl. They have their nursery almost set up and I had fun shopping for baby clothes for them recently in Salt Lake City with Sis. They are such a loving family, it will be good to see them with a baby of their own.

We mostly watched movies and went xmas shopping. I got that side of the family all sewn up and now I just have the other to finish. Seven siblings... ;)

The Boy had a mini break down at dinner on Saturday. It was Step-dad, Oldest Brother, his wife and Younger Brother, The Boy and I. We were having yummy thai food and the family started asking me about The Boy's diet and things. Basic diabetes stuff. The Boy got upset and called me a B**hole, which I did not appreciate. I dragged him off for a talk, but all we got out of that was that we were both embarrassed and ticked off. We returned to dinner and moved to opposite corners of the ring, avoiding talking or looking at each other. Later that night, after tensions had eased, I tackled him and told him that his family just wants to understand what is going on with him. It is because they care about him, not because they think he is a freak. I told him that there is nothing wrong with him, that he is normal. Lots of people have some health issue that they deal with. He took all that in and when I was done talking, he agreed. Usually I would be worried that he only said that to get me to shut up, but after that he began talking to me about other important, or not so important, stuff. Hopefully it let him get some things off his chest.

Final note of the day: I found out that my staying past a year has not made me a permanent employee. At some point my temporary position was extended for a second year. My job should be posted in a little while, but I am not worried. I am the best person for the job.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home