Srcsmgrl

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Libraryland Update

I am on a couple of committees at work, now. One of them is the blog committee. We have a teen blog called "Push to Talk" named after a strange button in one of the Central Library's elevators. So far, being on the committee has entailed writing blog posts and monitoring comments. The focus of the blog at the moment are teen reviews from the Summer Reading Program. We are featuring reviews from some of our most enthusiastic participants.


Being on this committee has gotten me a little closer to the adult blog, Shelf Talk. Even though I am an avid blog reader, it took me a while to get over there--sometimes I am just full to the point of bursting with all the writing out there on the web. I have been reading through all the posts the last couple of days and I have to say I am impressed. The most recent post might read a little dry, as it is talking about geneology and some great additions to our french-canadian geneology collection, but the one before that has some great dialog about gearing up for NaNoWriMo.


My other committee is the Instruction Committee and we develop tools and guidelines for staff when they teach technology classes. I have had 3 or 4 meetings so far and the workload isn't too bad. Mostly reading over items to make sure they make sense.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • well, I decided to give NaNoWriMo a shot, between you and the comics I read I hear a lot about it, and this year is as ideal an opportunity since I'm not in school this quarter and I'm only working part time, so lets see if I can pull this off, could be interesting ;P

    By Blogger Chris, at 11:01 PM  

  • Cool, I hope you will share your writing. I would love to read it.

    By Blogger srcsmgrl, at 11:12 PM  

  • heh, sure but I don't anticipate it being very good, but it should be fun

    By Blogger Chris, at 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home